Thank you to the 70+ people who made it out August 22nd for our second MassChallenge Mondays Fun Run & Social Event!
A little after 7PM, we assembled on the grass field outside the building as Nikki Higgins from Niketown led us through a series of stretches. We then split up into groups and started on our way!
It was a gorgeous night along the waterfront for runners & walkers alike. We’ve seen rain or threatening weather for almost every Monday since we began these runs, but Mother Nature was in our corner Monday night.
The evening air was cool, the sky was perfect; I think since we’re not used to this lack of humidity, most people were stunned that we’d already made it 5K by the time we got back.
We returned to the 14th floor for food, drinks and 60-second pitches from some of Boston’s most innovative startup entrepreneurs, who took some great questions from the crowd as well. Quick review of who took part…
Dave from Vsnap:
Makes it ultra-easy for people to use short, rich video messages to feel closer and more connected.
Jon from Splitwise:
Helps you keep track of shared expenses, so that bills & housemates get paid on time.
Amy from Abazyme:
Provides recombinant antibodies which are engineered to the highest performance standards.
Dave from Osmopure:
Bottle top filtration device screws into used soda bottles filled with dirty water and turns them into simple and effective water filtration systems.
Betsy from Swellr:
Online marketplace that empowers citizens to fund education projects they care about by shopping locally.
Krishna from UberSense:
Enables athletes & coaches to improve using video analysis & social collaboration on mobile/web apps.
Max & David from Roof for Two:
Provides an innovation in two-wheeler travel that keeps the rider comfortable in any weather.
Florence from UrVideoResume:
Showcase your skills, competencies, and qualifications beyond the capabilities of a paper resume.
and of course, Alain from RaceMenu:
Events are more fun with friends; RaceMenu makes events more friendly.
We’d love to thank the great sponsors that helped us make it a success:
- Magners Hard Cider - you gotta check out their new pear flavor. I didn’t think I liked cider…but I was sorely mistaken!
- Peak Organic Brewing Company - have you tried their India Pale Ale? Now we all have. WOW.
- popchips - I tell myself it is perfectly fine to eat one bag of every flavor at these events since they’re healthy snacks.
- mix1 – all-natural protein shakes - the new chocolate flavor is highly addictive.
- vitaminwater - coming through again to help keep us hydrated.
- Boloco - despite a hiccup on pickup, we still can’t get enough of their burritos. No, really, we can’t get enough. More, please!
- Hubway - they’re the new bike sharing program in Boston that’s expanding rapidly and is a great option to the T or your car. You’ve seen the bikes all over town, check ‘em out!
Feel free to come out every Monday night and run with us at 6:30PM, but be sure to join us on September 19th at 7PM for our final FREE run/walk & social event – Run, Eat, Drink & Pitch! MassChallenge Mondays #3.
Note: if you have orange & blue on, Alain WILL take lots of pictures of you.
All the best,